How can I purchase an OaSense unit?
- OaSense will be available through our website soon! We’re targeting a summer 2017 launch. Please join our mailing list to be kept up to date with the latest news.
Does the sensor work reliably? Can it be adjusted?
- We know that sensor-enabled faucets can be frustrating, and we wanted to be sure to avoid that problem with OaSense. Our sensor is very reliable, and can be calibrated with an included remote to best adapt to your particular use case (based on shower height, bathroom lighting, and user height).
What happens if the shower is used by people of different heights?
- That’s fine. We recommend setting OaSense to work with the shortest person who will be using it. Please note, however, that OaSense is most reliable when used with people 5’ and taller. For the vertically challenged folks out there, fear not: OaSense can be easily switched in “manual mode” for shorter adults or children for whom the “sense” mode doesn’t work reliably.
What tools are required to install OaSense?
- A wrench, to unscrew your old shower head and install OaSense. That’s all!
I have a handheld shower. Will OaSense work?
- OaSense wasn’t designed to be a handheld unit, but if your handheld shower can be mounted to the wall (as a stationary shower would be) and accepts attachments of the standard ½” pipe thread that OaSense uses, you may be in luck!
How much will OaSense cost?
- We’re targeting a starting price of $99 USD (plus tax and shipping). Please join our mailing list for the latest news.
How does OaSense mount to our existing shower hardware?
- OaSense is a self-contained unit that simply screws onto your existing gooseneck. The threads are US-standard ½" straight pipe threads (½" – 14).
How is OaSense powered?
- 4 included AA batteries power the OaSense. They should last for approximately 1 year of average household use before needing replacement.
What happens when the batteries run out?
- You’ll be running around your home naked, scrounging for some fresh AAs. Just kidding! When the batteries begin to run low, OaSense will detect the low voltage and automatically open its internal valve to ensure that water will flow regardless of battery power. The valve will remain permanently open until new batteries are installed, at which point the shower can enter “sense” mode once again.
How is the water pressure on OaSense? What’s the flowrate?
- We’ve designed OaSense to be a no-compromise shower with outstanding pressure and good flow. We know that you can save water by pausing flow intelligently – there’s no need to be miserable under a standard “low flow” shower. OaSense comes tuned for a flowrate of about 2.2 gallons/minute, which is the maximum allowed by CA law. Included flow restrictors can be used to decrease that flowrate if desired.
How much water can you save with OaSense?
- It’s possible to save upwards of 50% if you pause the shower at every reasonable opportunity. OaSense gives you the flexibility to save water on your own terms, without ever mandating that you sacrifice comfort – we know that showers are an important time for health and relaxation.
Is OaSense available internationally?
- Yes! We intend to ship internationally once available (targeting this summer).
Do you have distributors?
- Not yet. We’re focusing on getting OaSense made first. We hope to begin looking into distribution options (both domestically and internationally) after we begin shipping our initial production run.
How did the idea for OaSense come to you?